Incorporated in 2001 Fire Pro Investigations has developed into one of the leading fire investigation firms in western Canada. Owned and operated by Dave Wood and Steve Baker, Fire Pro Investigations has continued to grow and develop based on thorough investigations, results and client satisfaction. Our team approach enables us to draw from diverse knowledge, training and experience in many fields including fire suppression and prevention, electrical installation maintenance, heavy industrial process and machinery, heating ventilation and air conditioning, fuel gas systems, transportation and marine equipment
Our investigations are thorough and objective, resulting in solid conclusions based on the scientific methods and methodologies outlined in NFPA 921 Guide for Fire and Explosion Investigations. We promote and conduct on-going training, teaching and test burns to stay at the leading edge of our profession. We provide complete fire investigations from scene examination through to testimony in court when required, forensic examinations, litigation support and a review of other experts’ reports when a second opinion is required.
Our investigators are CFEI (Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator) certified and members of CAFI (Canadian Association of Fire Investigators), NAFI (National Association of Fire Investigators), IAAI (International Association of Arson Investigators Inc.) and in good standing with WorkSafe BC and WorkSafe Alberta. We provide instruction and courses in fire investigation throughout western Canada promoting a strong working relationship with the public sector. We have the experience and knowledge to review and assess firefighting tactical operations and code issues.
Our investigation experience includes:
- residential, multi-tenant, high rise
- commercial, restaurant, manufacturing
- marijuana grow operations & clandestine labs
- buildings under construction
- agricultural, process and machinery
- heavy industrial, mines, power generation, sawmills, pulp and paper mills
- vehicle, passenger, motor cycle, RV/UTV/ATV, commercial trucks, tractor trailers
- marina, water craft, tugboat, ship, barge
- heavy logging, mining, construction equipment
- alternate power systems — hydro, solar, wind generation and associated battery storage systems including lithium ion
We handle various types of fire losses such as:
- product failure
- gas and electric appliances
- incendiary (arson)
- self-heating (spontaneous ignition)
- explosions – diffused fuel (dust and or fuel gases)
- seated explosions (detonations)
Our clients include Insurance Companies, Police Agencies, Fire Departments, WorkSafe BC, Legal Counsels, ICBC, Parks Canada, manufacturers, uninsured companies and individuals.
For a complete list of services offered from drone video documentation and forensic interviewing to off-site forensic examination of evidence and storage facilities see our Services page.